3rd Annual CIJ Infused Products Virtual Conference
Mar 31 2020 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM (EDT)
3rd Annual Infused Products Virtual Conference
This complimentary virtual conference consists of 4 back-to-back webinars, all on the same day.
In a number of states across the country, edibles, topicals, beverages, and other infused products are taking up a larger percentage of the market share. They come in all shapes and sizes- from granola bars to lotions, lubricant, and scented candles; manufacturers are infusing a wide variety of products with cannabis, creating a market that meets a larger consumer demographic.
Different states have different rules when it comes to product safety. Some states require ServSafe training and local health inspections, while others have more stringent lab testing rules, require documented GMPs and even a form of certification demonstrating proper food safety protocols.
State regulations shouldn’t be the reason why infused products manufacturers have robust safety and quality standards, consumer safety is. Getting ahead of regulations with proactive safety and quality planning can improve a business’s bottom line tremendously. There are a number of tools and tricks cannabis companies can learn from the food industry to streamline their businesses and gain a bigger chunk of the market share.
Who Should Attend:
- Infused products and edibles manufacturers-owners, managers, directors of operations, compliance and quality.
- Investors or stakeholders of infused products companies.
- Dispensary owners, managers, and staff.
- Extractors, processors and distributors.
12:00 PM – Welcome & Introductions
Aaron Biros, Editor, CannabisIndustryJournal.com – Host and Moderator
12:05 PM – Applying Food Science Principles to Cannabis Edibles
Marina Mincheva, Director, Manufacturing Quality Assurance, Cresco Labs
Stephanie Gorecki, Director, Food Sciences, Cresco Labs
- What does the R&D process look like for creating cannabis-infused edibles?
- Product commercialization
- Developing CPG products with Marketing and Quality input
12:50 PM – Testing Infused & Edible Cannabis Products for Pesticide Residues and Trace Heavy Metals – PerkinElmer Technology Spotlight
Toby Astill, Ph.D., Global Food Market Manger – Cannabis & Hemp, PerkinElmer
1:05 PM – Food Safety Culture in the Cannabis Industry
Ellice Ogle, CEO & Founder, Tandem Food.LLC
- What is food safety culture-qualitative
- What is food safety culture-quantitative
- How to achieve a food safety culture
1:50 PM – Technology Spotlight
2:05 PM – GMPs & HACCP for Cannabis Companies
Kathy Knutson, Principal, Kathy Knutson Food Safety Consulting, LLC
- Before HACCP, implement GMPs
- HACCP made simple
- Beyond HACCP, apply preventive controls
2:50 PM – Train & Reinforce Product Safety with the Right Learning Technology – ImEPIK Technology Spotlight
Kathryn Birmingham, Chief Operation Officer, ImEPIK
3:05 PM – The New Canadian Edibles Market
Steven Burton, Founder & CEO
- Canadian edibles regulation: current state of affairs
- The link between food and cannabis industry
- What US edibles companies can expect when it comes to regulations
3:50 PM – Technology Spotlight
4:05 PM – Adjournment
About Cannabis Industry Journal
Cannabis Industry Journal is an industry-specific eMagazine and Conference series serving the global cannabis industry. Built on the platform of the next-generation model for B2B publishing, Cannabis Industry Journal delivers top-quality content to the global marketplace on all aspects of the cannabis industry – from seed to sale – in the medical and recreational markets.